Please enable JavaScript in your browser
Home | Site Map | FAQ | Contact Us

Species Lists
View lists of fungi, invertebrate, plant and vertebrate species in Saskatchewan.

Invasive Species
View and submit invasive species observations with iMapInvasives.

iMap Invasives Logo

View Image Database
Submit Wild Species Observations

The SKCDC collects information on wild species and relies on submissions of observations from across the province of Saskatchewan. This data is used to inform biodiversity conservation efforts.

How do I report my observations?

Research Permit Data Submissions

The Ministry of Environment has standardized loadforms in partnership with the SKCDC for recording wild species observations. These Microsoft Excel spreadsheets are available for download from the Government of Saskatchewan Publications Centre. The Saskatchewan Species Detection Loadform contains separate worksheets for survey summaries, survey standards data, animals and plants.

*Please check back prior to your project to ensure you have downloaded the latest forms.

Other Wild Species Observation Data

Option 1: Submit your observation to and join the SKCDC's project, see our iNaturalist page for details.

Option 2: Submit invasive species observations directly to iMapInvasives.

Option 3: Observations can be submitted by downloading the Microsoft Excel spreadsheet below and filling out the "Animal" (vertebrates and invertebrates) or "Plant" (vascular/non-vascular plants, fungi and lichen) worksheet.

Fields that are required at minimum are:

  • Date
  • Sensitive Data (true/false). Data may be deemed sensitive for two reasons: 1. Publication Reasons, and 2. Landowner/Lessee Confidentiality.
  • Observer Name(s)
  • "Location" section (only one format required, in order of preference: Lat/Long (decimal degrees), UTM (including zone), or Dominion Land Survey)
  • Scientific or Common Name. Please provide the scientific name as it is given in our accepted taxon lists. For plants, scientific name is required.
Download SKCDC LoadformDownload SKCDC Loadform

Where do I send my data?
If data is not to be submitted through the research permit process, please submit data to

Data and reports submitted through the research permit process should be directed to for Academic Research permits and to for industry-related Species Detection permits. This includes surveys where a permit is not required but notification is requested. See Government of Saskatchewan Wild Species Research Permitting for details. Please note that this data will be forwarded to the SKCDC, and therefore you only have to submit your data once.


For more information on submitting observations refer to Frequently Asked Questions: Submitting Data and What We Do With It. To learn more about how SKCDC uses species data, visit our methodology section.

If you have any questions regarding loadforms or submitting observations please contact Andrea Benville, SKCDC data manager.